Keeping in Touch
There are many ways of keep in touch with what’s new at the Film Board. You can join our Facebook group or join our email newsletter by entering your email and name on the right side of any page.
* Use this to call us if you’re running late. Due to our limited office hours, we prefer email communication and we are only available to answer the phone during office hours. Emails are generally answered on days when there are office hours on Monday, Thursday and Friday.
Address: We are located at the University of Toronto in the basement of Hart House. Here is a map to Hart House. Our mailing address is:
Hart House Film Board
University of Toronto
7 Hart House Circle
Toronto, ON M5S 3H3
If you’re interested in volunteering at the Film Board (we are a volunteer-run club), please check out this page of positions and email the Programme Advisor using the form below about your interest.
Looking for cast, crew, staff, someone to film an event or just to promote your event? Check the section on promoting below. Do not email anyone other than the email newsletter.
Do not add any email addresses to a mailing list without consent.
Promoting Your Event, Group, etc.
Posters: The Film Board makes limited space available for putting up posters for external events on our front doors. Please ask us during office hours if it is ok. Unauthorized posters will be taken down. Do not steal tacks from other signage to put it up.
Flyers or Cards: You can leave flyers or cards with information about your event around the Film Board. Drop them off during office hours.
Using Our Email Newsletter: We welcome submissions to our email newsletter including calls of crew (paid or unpaid), calls for cast, calls for submissions to festivals and the like, and concerning related events. Not all submissions are included, depending on space, time, and relevance to our membership. Your chances are best if your submission conforms to these requirements:
- Keep it under 150 words.
- Use plain text. No HTML. You can include upto three links per submission in brackets or on their own lines.
- Include vital information such as what, when, where, contact info & where people can get more information.
- We cannot include graphics, PDF attachments, or other attachments.
- While not strictly required, it’s a good idea to write about what the person reading the newsletter will get out of your event/call/whatever. If there’s compensation, please include it. If there’s not, then try to be more creative than “great for a portfolio” or “unpaid but future work likely”.
Do not add our newsletter account to a mailing list, especially without asking us first. We will consider them spam and they will not be included in our newsletter.
You can find a history here.